Hi Everyone – Sorry to inundate you with another #GivingTuesday email but we believe in our goal of restoring the Santa Cruz Trail and we believe that you as trail users should believe in it as well. Of course your contributions go to the LPFA but more importantly they go to support the Los Padres Forest, they go directly to the Santa Cruz Trail and they go to help folks like yourself who are out there using the trails. If you use the trails, this is for you!
If you haven’t volunteered with us yet or don’t know about the LPFA, we can almost guarantee you’ve enjoyed the trails we help maintain. We’ve put together a list of 12 trail accomplishments we’re proud of from 2022. If you’ve not enjoyed these trails listed below, please do so, now is the time before they get overgrown again…. trail work in the Los Padres is like painting the Golden Gate Bridge, it never ends!
For 2023 we will be making a big push to continue work on the Santa Cruz Trail and connect the dots between Upper Oso and Santa Cruz Station. We have funding in place for much of this work but not all of it just yet. If you use or have used the Santa Cruz Trail or any of the trails across the Los Padres, please consider supporting our Santa Cruz Trail campaign. Thank you all for your support and see you on the trails…..
– Your Friends at the LPFA
LPFA Accomplishments !
- #GivingTuesday 2021 – Thanks to your donations in 2021, the LPFA fixed a mile of the Sespe River Trail including repairing the Alder Creek Slide.
- Figueroa Mountain – Over 10 miles of trail restored along the north slope of Figueroa Mountain including Davy Brown, Willow, White Rock and more….
- Cold Spring Trail – Brushed, repaired and rebuilt the entire northern Cold Spring Trail from East Camino Cielo to Forbush and down to Mono. That is us!
- Indian Creek – April Working Vacation at Meadow Camp, cleared the Indian Creek Trail up to Indian Creek Camp. It had been decades, go explore this canyon NOW!
- Red Reef Trail – Restored 10 horribly overgrown miles of the Red Reef Trail in the Sespe Wilderness with help from our awesome volunteers and Trail Crew!
- Sulphur Spring Trail – Opened and brushed the Sulphur Spring Trail, which was super helpful for San Raf hikers while NIRA was closed. Yes, that was this year!
- Blue Canyon Trail – Took a few years but we finally punched through the Blue Canyon Trail east of Romero. We did mention painting the Golden Gate Bridge…
- Garcia & Ventana – Completed 2 weeks of work in the Ventana Wilderness with VWA and 3 weeks of work in the Garcia Wilderness with SLOPOST. Teamwork!
- Ventura County – Maintenance on an assortment of trails including Santa Paula, Matilija, Murietta, Lion, Pot John, Snowy Creek, Piru, Agua Blanca, Boulder, etc….
- SB County – Regular trail work including Mission Pine, Big Cone Spruce, Manzana, Rattlesnake, Jesusita, Sisquoc, Tequepis, Franklin, Buckhorn, Grapevine, etc….
- Sespe Trail Work – We had a super fun and great November volunteer Working Vacation based at Willett where we opened 4 miles of trail down-canyon. SO FUN!
- Santa Cruz Trail – Continued work on the Santa Cruz NRT, focusing on the section between Alexander and Santa Cruz Station. Please considering helping us continue!
Have a great day everyone!