• The Forest Service has a page dedicated to road and campground closures:
• HikeLosPadres also has a page designated to the status of certain gates around the forest. The gate list is not complete but it is updated as closures happen. NOTE: If you have any updates or would like any gates added, please let HLP know.
Then, in addition to the online resources, I’d also recommend calling the Ranger District you plan on visiting and double checking the status of the gate closures. There is almost nothing worse than getting shutdown by a locked gate before you even get to a trailhead. Research ahead of time can solve most of those headaches.
Again, check the resources mentioned above but here are a few closures to keep an eye on:
- Dough Flat, above Fillmore, will be closing December 15 this year.
- Middle Lion Campground, near Piedra Blanca, will be closed December 1.
- Santa Barbara Canyon gate, at Reyes Ranch, is scheduled to be closed November 1.
- Reyes Peak / Pine Mtn is scheduled to be closed December 15.
- West Cuesta Rd above SLO will be closed for repairs from November 1, 2015 – October 31, 2016.
And don’t forget the Used Gear Sale this weekend in Santa Barbara! Check out the link below for more information:
November 7: Used Gear Sale, Tucker’s Grove Site 5, Goleta
December 4-6: LPFA Lower Mono-Alamar Trail Project
* It’s harder to schedule events this time of year, sorry there isn’t more on the schedule. If you want anything added, please let us know.