United States Hero & Los Padres’ Own, David Dahlberg
• Fire Restrictions were lifted on January 19 permitting campfires and target shooting. See attached PDF for more information. Please PLEASE, be careful with your fires and pick up your brass if target shooting.
• Highway 33 remains closed between Ojai and Lockwood Valley Road. It is possible the road will reopen on February 7 but you’ll want to confirm with CalTrans before attempting to drive through.
• The Thomas Fire was officially called 100% contained on January 12 at an astounding 281,893 acres.
• Highway 1 along the Southern Big Sur Coast remains closed at Mud Creek due to the epic landslide from last spring. It remains on schedule to reopen his summer.
• The FS will be implementing annual prescribed burns across the forest as conditions allow.
• As if TOTALITY wasn’t enough, yesterday we had the pleasure of witnessing the SUPER BLUE BLOOD MOON LUNAR ECPLISE, try saying that fast 10 times in a row. It was spectacular. In case you missed it, we will have another blue moon in March, just can’t promise the SUPER or LUNAR ECLIPSE parts.
Saturday February 3
8:30am at the Ojai Ranger Station
Troop 111 from Ventura recently replaced the San Rafael Wilderness sign on the Judell Trail. GREAT WORK!
newly restored trail sign along Davy Brown Trail.
The sign restoration was part of an Eagle Scout project compliments of Orcutt Scout Troop 91.