LPFA – Program Manager
Job Description and Person Specification
Founded in 1979, the LPFA is an official non-profit 501(c)(3) partner of the Los Padres National Forest. Our mission is to care for the Los Padres Forest through education and boots on the ground restoration work. Our forest-related activities include managing two visitor centers, assisting the Forest Service with ranger station retail sales, coordinating public educational events and trainings, trail maintenance and restoration, sharing of information with the public and anything else we can tackle in order to help the forest and help people enjoy the forest in a responsible manner. The LPFA is operated and directed thanks to the help of our Board, Executive Director, Professional Trail Crew, staff and especially our magnificent supporters and volunteers.
Program Manager Position Overview:
The Los Padres Forest Association is seeking a full-time professional to manage, develop and grow our variety of forest-related programs. These programs include:
- Managing retail operations at five locations across the Los Padres Forest
- Developing and scheduling forest-related educational events and programs
- Managing the LPFA Membership program
- Assisting with public outreach through social media
- Working with the Executive Director, Board, staff and the Forest Service on a variety of forest-wide projects and programs
- Providing general support for all LPFA programs and interests
- Great communication skills
- Retail experience
- Social media savvy
- Basic web design knowledge
- Reliable transportation
- Multi-tasking and organization
- Love of the Los Padres Forest preferred
- Creativity and pizzazz
This position will require periodic travel across the Los Padres National Forest but will be primarily working remotely.
Hours: 40 hours/week, work on weekends may be required.
Contact: Please email INFO@LPforest.org with questions or to apply for this position.