Earlier this week the Los Padres National Forest went into Level III fire restrictions. Level III restrictions are generally announced annually around this time of year. By comparison, in 2015 the forest went into Level III restrictions on May 5 and it was May 19 in 2014. What does Level III mean? See the attached PDF for the official declaration but here’s the Cliff Notes details:
- No backcountry campfires within the Los Padres Forest.
- You can use camp stoves in the backcountry as long as you have a California Campfire Permit.
- There are designated campfire use sites (see PDF).
- No target shooting outside of designated special-use permit sites.
- See PDF for more specifics……
If you’re somewhere better, let us know, we’d love to hear about it……
Geology ROCKS!: Wheeler Gorge Visitor Center
Are you interested in geology? Looking for something to do this Saturday? We’ve got the answer, come to Wheeler Gorge Visitor Center outside of Ojai this Saturday at 1pm. Learn about rocks, geology, great time for the kids, fun stuff! For more information check the link below:
Las Flores Ranch Work Days: June 25 & 26
Las Flores Ranch is hosting a weekend trail project on June 25-26. Las Flores is a fantastic open space located outside of Santa Maria and is home to a bunch of multi-use trails. For more information check the link below:
Lanny Kaufer Guided Hike: June 26, Pine Mountain
See attached for details.