- While the project is 10 days in total length, we’ll have a variety of entry and exit dates for those who cannot commit to the entire 10 days. Let us know what works for you and we’ll do our best to figure out a solution.
- The project will start by driving past the locked FS gates to Santa Barbara Potrero.
- We’ll meet the stock horses and mules at SB Potrero and load them up with gear, food, tools and supplies to haul down to Heath Camp.
- From there we’ll backpack the 5 miles down to Heath Camp, which will most likely be our basecamp for the week.
- Once at Heath along the Sisquoc, we’ll setup camp and do what we do: trail work, campfires, swim, good food, log out trees, explore, hang out with friends and swing tools.
- The focus of the project is to work and clear the trail of the 100 reported trees down from Heath up towards Alamar Saddle.
If you’ve not been on a Working Vacation, I can assure you they are a lot of fun. Having stock support means we eat well and usually have cold beverages to look forward to at the end of the day. Hope you can make it and to sign up or for more information email: INFO@LPFOREST.ORG
SISQUOC WORKING VACATION
San Rafael Wilderness